Council Training Course Protocol
It is the goal of the Council Training Committee to provide the most prompt and accurate information
possible regarding training in all districts and throughout the council. If you would like to schedule a
training course either at the district or council level, please follow these guidelines:
- Review your plan including proposed budget with your district Key 3 (District Chair, District Exec,
District Commissioner) for approval. You will need to include one of their names on the Flier Template to
indicate they have agreed to host the training.
- Check your preferred training date(s) against the Council Calendar
for conflicts with other pre-scheduled trainings/activities that might impact your course.
- If you wish to conduct the training course at a Council site (Mataguay Scout Ranch, Camp Balboa or Youth
Aquatic Center), contact the
Council Service Center 619.298.6121 x246 to schedule.
- Complete the Training Flier Template and submit
Training Webmaster at least 3 months in advance of the training date, if possible. This flier will be
posted on the Council Training website, linked to the Council Calendar, used to set-up a Doubleknot
registration link (if requested) and then copied for distribution at Roundtables. If you wish to create a
more stylized flier for general distribution, please forward a copy to the
Training Committee Staff Partner for review and
- Contact the Council Service Center
619.298.6121 x258 to reserve training materials as needed. Return the training materials box to the
Service Center within 48 hours of the course.
- If you need to change details of the course or cancel the training, contact the
Training Webmaster as soon as possible.
- Within one week of the conclusion of the course, submit a copy of the course
Attendance Roster OR the
Doubleknot roster, registration fees and all original receipts to the
Council Service Center.