What is Friends of Scouting (FOS)?
The San Diego Imperial Council serves nearly 28,000 youth in the San Diego and Imperial Counties. A budget
of over $4 million is needed to provide the facilities, support materials, programs, activities and
leadership for our community.
The annual FOS Campaign focuses on raising a significant portion of this budget through three sub
- Family Campaign - the campaign that focuses on raising money from
families who participate in Scouting through their local unit. Funds are raised by coordinated
presentations made by volunteers to families of Scouts at a special unit event such as a Blue & Gold
Banquet or Court of Honor.
- Community Campaign - the campaign that focuses on raising money from
local businesses and community leaders in the district; often times a community campaign has a breakfast
or lunch event in the district with local businesses present supporting scouting.
- LDS Campaign - the campaign that focuses on raising money from the local
Church of The Later Day Saints; each stake directs their local wards in running an independent FOS
The annual campaign is planned, directed, and conducted by volunteers. There is virtually no other
volunteer-run fund raising campaign of this magnitude in the United States! Each volunteer team has a
professional advisor (usually a District Executive) to assist with information, training and supplies.
- Training for Family, Community, LDS chair, and presenters is in December and January
- The official FOS campaigns begin in January and ends in April
- All presentations are made using materials prepared by the Council
- Recognitions are given for all levels of pledges
Thank You for your Support of the Friends of scouting Campaign!