Units can use Internet Advancement to record their youth member advancements from any location - at home or
at the office. You'll find this new method to be easy, convenient and accurate because YOU enter
Using Internet Advancement, you can process ranks and awards for packs, troops, teams, crews, ships and
posts. You can even update information on existing advancements (except the Eagle Scout rank).
Internet Advancement also allows you to print a unit roster at any time. The roster will reflect the most
current information from the council's ScoutNet system, including the person ID for each adult and youth
To Use Internet Advancement You Need To:
- Select an advancement processor for your unit. This person will be authorized to submit and update
advancement data for your members. The processor must have internet access and Microsoft Internet
- Get your advancement processor trained. Training is available at
Roundtables and through your district advancement chair. Once trained, your processor will receive a
password that allows entrance to the Internet Advancement website.
- Gather information for advancement, including merit badge applications and advancement records with
- Click on the Internet Advancement button on this page. Follow the instructions to process advancements
and print an advancement report.
- Have the appropriate people sign the printed advancement report and submit it to the council. You
must turn in an advancement report to the Scout Shop when you purchase
advancements (rank and merit badges). Save a copy for your files.
Note: Units should submit monthly reports before the end of each month, or
more often if needed. In December, submit a report before the end of the month to update your unit and
Questions: For questions regarding internet advancement, contact your district
advancement chairman or district executive.