Activities & Civic Service Committee (A&CS)
The purpose of this committee is to build connections with the community and promote opportunities for
learning and service for scouts of all ages in the San Diego-Imperial Council. The major
responsibilities of the Committee are to:
- Set policies and procedures for Council and District activities
- Set goals for activity production and budgeting
- Plan and run council-wide activities
- Promote activities and civic service events in and for units
- Establish guidelines for coordinated council and district activities such as camporees, recognition
Activities promoted or supported by the committee may include events from the following categories:
- Competitive Skill Events - a bike rodeo, first aid contest, advancement hike, pinewood derby,
summer day camps, Varsity Trathelon or Mountain Man event, and Venturing Extravaganza.
- Civic Service Activities - may include service to children or disabled senior citizens,
conservation projects such as Leave No Trace or OA events, emergency service, neighborhood
improvement, community celebrations, patriotic or international events, and food drives such as
Scouting for Food.
- Display Events - a booth show at a community festival, Scout parade, Scout Fair or Show 'N
- Scouting Anniversary Week - rededication ceremonies, parades, Uniform Day, shopping center
demonstrations, religious service attendance in uniform, speakers at service clubs, etc.
- Recognition Events - could include an annual council and/or district recognition dinner for
adult Scouters and their families such as the Silver Beaver Award Dinner, the Eagle Scout Recognition
dinner or a Scout of the month radio or television appearance.
- Camporee - A weekend encampment planned for all troops of a district, multiple districts or the
entire council such as the International Camporee.
We welcome the opportunity to build connections with the community through meaningful activities. Community
organizations and scout leaders are invited to submit an Activity Proposal Form to this committee to
conduct activities in the Council, districts or within the community. Learn more about submitting an
Activity Proposal. Additional tabs with information about current Council
and community activities as well as ideas for service projects and descriptions of past events will help
you as you plan and adjust your unit calendars.